Online Workshops / Presentations
NAMI Hawaii provides free online workshops, conferences, and trainings throughout the year.
We also offer free online presentations; speaking to schools, businesses, faith groups, etc; about mental health, wellness, family support and services.
Please contact us to find out more.
Guest Speakers Available
Did you know that NAMI Hawaii has a speakers bureau available to educate community groups and providers about our mission and services ? NAMI Hawaii speakers are even available through our NAMI Hawaii affiliates which are also located on the islands of Kauai, Maui and the island of Hawaii. NAMI Hawaii speakers bureau engagements are FREE OF CHARGE (donations in any amount are gratefully accepted). As a non-profit organization dedicated to support and advocacy, our experienced and knowledgeable speakers include program graduates, certified program facilitators, clients in recovery and professionals from the mental health field. It is the goal of NAMI Hawaii and our affiliates to touch as many lives as possible by providing meaningful information related to:
- Current NAMI core programs and support groups
- Basic education about mental illness and diagnosis
- Current statistics, literature and available community resources
- Information to navigate health care and access case management and other services
- Testimonials from program graduates (family members)
- Testimonials from peers in recovery
NAMI Hawaii speakers are available to meet with interested school and church groups, professional organizations and clubs, agency or company staff meetings, providers from the health and mental health fields and existing support groups.
To change a life and invite a NAMI Hawaii speaker to your next group meeting or function please call (808) 591-1297 or send an email request email@example.com
Common In-Service Trainings:
- Emotional Intelligence, Mental Health, & Resources
- Active Listening/How to Communicate: LEAP Method
- CIT, A Family Perspective